Reflection Post 4

Hi everyone!

I can't believe my genius hour is done. It's been a crazy couple weeks, and let me tell you, boy I am happy I've had yoga to get me through it. This experience has taught me a lot. I've always been interested in yoga but intimidated to join a studio, but this was just the push I needed! A little status report on my goals for you:

- yoga did help relieve some of my stress
- I was able to go on average of 3 times a week
- it didn't really help my sleeping patterns as much as I thought it would, BUT when I couldn't fall asleep, I would get up and do a couple poses that I learned in class and I found that that little bit of stretching right before bed helped
- my posture didn't improve significantly either, but I did find that I am more aware of it now, so I guess you could say that that's still a work in progress
- and no, sadly I still cannot touch my toes.

I've taken some time to reflect on this experience, and some things I would do differently in the future. One of the things that I would have liked would have been having a buddy to go with me to classes. While I tried to go as often as possible, sometimes it was hard to stay motivated. I think that having that extra support, and a little bit of a push to go would have helped me. I also think that working out, other than just these classes, would have shown more progress more quickly. While sweating in a hot yoga studio is a great workout, I think that doing some cardio on the days that I wasn't practising would have been a great added benefit.

Overall, this experience has given me so much and I hope to continue incorporating yoga into my busy lifestyle. I felt calm and relaxed after every class, and i found myself craving that feeling on the days I didn't go. I think once my schedule is a little bit more stable, it will be easier to get into a routine of going on the same days at the same time every week. Thanks for following along with me, and hopefully this has inspired you to take up yoga! Or anything else you've been interested in pursing.

Namaste, friends!




via GIPHY

Comments