Reflection 3

Welcome back!

I can't believe I'm almost done my genius hour project; it feels like I just got started! I was looking back at my goals the other day and I really feel like I’ve made some decent progress. Yoga is just part of my routine now. It’s hard to find the time between my school work and my job, but I find it’s helping me stay organized. PowerYoga Canada, the studio I’ve been going to, has an app that let’s you pre-register for classes for the week. This has been really helpful to plan my week, and even sends a reminder when I have yoga. Not only does it force me to go, but it’s a great study break Most of the time when I needed to get away from school work, I would just watch Netflix. Now, I’ve gotten into a much healthier habit. I’m also becoming much more familiar with the different poses used in Hot Yoga. I find that I can just focus on my breathing and really stretching and pushing my body to the limit, whereas when I first started, I would have to constantly be looking around to see what everyone else was doing and copy their poses. Moving forward with Yoga and my life, I really think I’d like to try and incorporate it into my classroom. This isn’t something I necessarily  thought of before, but I think 10 minutes of guided breathing and meditation would really help my students center themselves and get ready for a day of learning, as well as help calm them down and focus of what they’ve accomplished that day.

via GIPHY

Comments